1.28.2012

Images Inspired from Italy

In the summer of 2010 I had the opportunity to study with a master printmaker in Barga, Italy. These are some of the prints I created that were inspired by my time in Italy.

"Il Mercato" 2010
This is a reductive linoleum print based on a photograph I took while walking through the market in Florence, Italy. It is 18 x 24 inches and has 6 layers of color.


This print is a 3 plate color intaglio print which I created on the last day of the workshop in Italy. Through the production of this print, I learned the process of multi-plate color etching.

"The Windows in Rio" 2010
This piece was also inspired by a photograph that I took while traveling through Cinque Terre along the western coast of Italy. It is a 6 layer reductive linoleum print.

No comments:

Post a Comment